Nearly a month into the campus project, crews are maximizing long daylight hours and favorable weather, and making headway as they prepare the site for building construction. Over the last two weeks, progress has included:
- Completion of rough grading, creating firm, level surfaces for building pads
- Salvage and stockpiling of boulders, ranging in size from a foot to up to four feet in diameter, ready for use later in construction in retaining walls and in landscaped areas
- Issuance of a permit for on-site infrastructure and utility construction by the City of Bend
- Initiation of grading base rock for the future parking lot
- Delivery of materials for sewer construction
The coming weeks will focus on work to prepare the site for utilities, include sewer and water, that will serve the campus.