Non-degree enrollment status is designed for students who wish to take courses but do not plan to pursue a degree. Non-degree students do not qualify for financial aid. Non-degree students are part-time students and are expected to enroll in no more than eight credits per term at OSU-Cascades. If enrolling in more than eight credits per term, a non-degree student will be charged tuition fees as fully admitted student.

Admission Requirements
Non-degree enrollment status does not require a formal admission process or formal entrance requirements. There is a $35 non-refundable application fee. Enrollment as a non-degree student does not guarantee regular admission to the university nor does it admit students to Central Oregon Community College. Students wishing to apply for full admission should refer to the appropriate instructions for first year, transfer, postbacc, or graduate admissions.

Non-degree Graduate Status
If you have earned a baccalaureate degree and now wish to take courses without pursuing a degree, you will be designated as a non-degree graduate student. If you decide to seek admission to a degree program, be aware that credit(s) taken under non-degree status may not apply toward that degree program. Students must also complete 30 graduate credits after full admission to degree-seeking status, regardless of the number of credits completed under non-degree status. Any questions should be directed to the graduate program you wish to take classes in.

International Students
If you are currently on a visa (for example the F-1, F-2, B-2, J-1, etc.) it is critical that you consult with the International Programs Coordinator (541-322-3100) before submitting the non-degree application for admission. Please be aware that only certain visa types allow an individual to pursue part-time or non-degree seeking coursework. Consequences of doing so may result in failure to maintain visa status.

Summer Term
Credit hours are not restricted for non-degree students during summer term.

Student Identification Card
Registered students are expected to obtain a Student Identification Card.

GAP number
Your GAP (General Access Pin) is a secure number known only to you. It allows you to access your student record. The GAP is initially set to your birth date, formatted as mmddyy. Upon initial access to the online student services system, you will be asked to change this number to a unique six-digit number.

Course Reference Number (CRN)
Each course offering is assigned a unique number known as the CRN.

Once you apply for non-degree admission you will receive an email containing your OSU ID and other registration information.

Tuition and Fees
Non-degree students enrolled for eight or fewer credits are assessed tuition and fees at OSU resident rates based on undergraduate or graduate course level. Enrollment in excess of eight credits requires tuition and fee assessment at the rate for a regularly enrolled, fully admitted student.

Additional Tuition Information

Financial Aid
Non-degree students are not eligible to receive financial aid.

Grade and Transcript Information
Non-degree students are given grades, reviewed according to the University standards of good academic progress, and provided with academic records.

Oregon State University does not mail grade reports. Students can access final course grades by logging into MyOSU.

How to Apply
You can apply online