When should I see my academic advisor?

You should meet with your advisor regularly on the timetable that is suggested for your program and your student status. For some, this means once/year and for others once/term. Remember to contact your advisor at least 2-3 weeks in advance of when you need to register. This will allow time for scheduling of an appointment as our advisors get booked up quickly at this time.

Am I assigned a specific advisor?

You are assigned to an advisor based upon the major that you pick and your credit standing.  Please contact the OSU-Cascades Enrollment Services for your advisor info.  Enrollment Services 541-322-3100 or stop by Tykeson Hall.

What is a PIN and how do I get one?

Your Personal Identification Number (PIN) is a six-digit code that you must have to register as an OSU student into the OSU system.  Your OSU-Cascades advisor will give you your PIN number when you have met your advising requirement. Remember to keep this number in a secure location and not to share this information with others.

I'm not admitted to OSU-Cascades, but I need admissions advising. Who should I contact?

You can contact our Enrollment Services and Admissions department to be set up with an admissions advisor who can answer your questions. If you do come in for an advising appointment, bring unofficial copies of all your past transcripts. While we cannot do a full transcript evaluation until after you apply, these documents are often helpful in a conversation about your future educational goals.

What should I bring to my advising appointment?

It's often helpful for students to create an academic file that you bring to your advising appointments. This file should contain copies of your transcripts from all previous institutions, a copy of your Advanced Standing Report (if you had transfer credits), your degree checklist, and any notes or forms from previous advising meetings.

Do I need to meet with a COCC advisor if I am an OSU-Cascades student?

Once you are admitted to OSU-Cascades, you should be meeting with an OSU-Cascades academic advisor. If you are a COCC student and have not applied or been admitted to OSU-Cascades yet, then make an appointment with an OSU-Cascades admission advisor to ensure you are on track to becoming an OSU-Cascades student. 

I have an advising hold on my registration at COCC. What should I do?

If you are an admitted OSU-Cascades student, your COCC advising hold can be cleared by your OSU-Cascades advisor.  Contact your academic advisor see what steps you need to take to remove your advising hold.