What is your sense of urgency for seeking help?

A. CRISIS! I am in immediate need of help?
If you (or a friend) are currently experiencing suicidal ideation or have immediate plans of harming yourself or others, please contact one of these resources immediately.  
If you need someone to intervene in person:

  • Call 911 immediately and someone will be there.
  • If you are in a position to drive, you can go to any hospital emergency room.  

If you need someone to speak with and provide some immediate therapy, there are a number people who are waiting to help talk you through this tough time:

  • National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255; For Veterans select Option #1)
  • Deschutes County Crisis Team: Their Crisis Hotline is (800) 875-7364
  • Crisis Text line:  If you only want to talk through texting, this may be for you.  To Text:  Text “start” to 741-741
  • Your Life Your Voice: Another good resource where counselors are ready to talk with you through a number of different mediums.  They have email and chat capabilities as well!  To Call: 1-800-448-3000 To Text: Text “voice” to 20121

B. I am not in an urgent situation, but I now realize that I need to find therapy.

On-Campus Resources:
Oregon State University and OSU-Cascades are committed to your wellbeing! At both campus's, on-site counseling services are offered for FREE!  The on-site counselor can provide short term therapy as well as assistance in finding more long term care in the community.  This is a great, and FREE, first step in finding help.  

Contact information for the Bend Campus can be found here
​Contact information for the Corvallis campus can be found here

OSU-Cascades also offers FREE counseling services through the Counseling Clinic associated with the Master’s in Counseling program.

More information about these FREE services can be found here

Off-Campus Resources:
There are a number of private and public resources in Bend that provide extended, long-term, therapy.  Our counselors can help you with those resources.  
You can also consult:

OSU-Cascades Student Wellness Resource List
Deschutes County Behavioral Health


Remember, all faculty and staff are here to support you.  While only counselors can provide therapy, we all can lend a sympathetic ear and help you find our on-campus support, if necessary.  
C. I dont think I need therapy, but I would like to know more mental health and therapy?

If you would like to know more about mental health, the indications of problems, and therapies, there are many websites that provide information about mental health.  Consider these:

Mental Health America