OSU-Cascades will provide education for the student community about sexual violence through presentations at least twice a year.
Information about sexual violence, consent, and university response is also available through on-campus personal counseling services at (541) 322-3162 and the OSU-Cascades website.
In addition, at least once a year, OSU-Cascades emails newsletters to inform students and employees about sexual violence and provide information about the local resources.

Reporting Sexual Assault

If you are a victim of a sexual assault at this institution, your first priority should be to get to a place of safety. You should then obtain necessary medical treatment. OSU-Cascades Public Safety and the City of Bend Police Department strongly advocate that a victim of sexual assault reports the incident in a timely manner. Time is a critical factor for evidence collection and preservation. An assault may be reported directly to OSU-Cascades Public Safety, a City of Bend Police Officer, and/or you may also choose to report to a university designated Campus Security Authority. Filing a police report will not obligate the victim to prosecute, nor will it subject the victim to scrutiny or judgmental opinions from officers.

Filing a police report will:

Ensure that a victim of sexual assault receives the necessary medical treatment and tests, at no expense to the victim.

Provide the opportunity for collection of evidence helpful in prosecution, which cannot be obtained later (ideally a victim of sexual assault should not wash, douche, use the toilet, or change clothing prior to a medical/legal exam).

Assure the victim has access to free confidential advocacy and counseling from professionals specifically trained in the area of sexual assault crisis intervention.

When a sexual assault victim contacts the City of Bend Police Department, the victim of a sexual assault may choose for the investigation to be pursued through the criminal justice system.

The police officer will guide the victim through the available options and support the victim in his or her decision.

Additionally, the Dean of Academic Affairs may consult with the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards or the university’s Office of Equal Opportunity and Access to pursue university disciplinary actions against the offender. Student victims can make a direct report to the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access. Student victims also have the option to change their academic situation after an alleged sexual assault if requested by the victim and if these changes are reasonably available.

Support and Advocacy for Survivors/Victims of Sexual Assault

Support is available for survivors of sexual assault, whether or not a survivor decides to report to law enforcement or the university.  Survivors may contact local resources at www.saving-grace.org or 24 hour hotline at (541) 389-7021 and for outside of Bend toll free 1-888-504-8992 for sexual assault survivor counseling and support.

Personal Counseling Services are available on-campus by appointment at (541) 322-3162. Counseling for faculty and staff is available through the Employee Assistance Program.

Medical Services for Survivors/Victims of Sexual Assault

A survivor may also receive comprehensive medical services for sexual assault WITHOUT reporting to the Police or the university. Sexual Assault Forensic Evidence exams are available at local hospital Emergency Departments.

A survivor may request for evidence to be collected ANONYMOUSLY using a SAFE kit from a local hospital, and may later decide to make a formal report to law enforcement.

Financial assistance is available to cover the expenses for the SAFE exam.

University Policies for Sexual Misconduct and Discrimination

The University's polices for Sexual Misconduct and Discrimination can be found here.

Additional information can be found at:

Student Code of Conduct

Additional Resources

Additional services and programs can be found here.

Campus Emergency

On-campus emergency, dial 9-1-1 or OSU-Cascades Public Safety 24/7: 541-322-3110.

Off-campus emergency, dial 9-1-1