Medical Response: Call 9-1-1
HAZMAT Response: Call 9-1-1
Facilities & Operations Manager: 541-382-2048
1. Alert people in the immediate area to evacuate; close doors to quarantine affected area
2. Determine the size of the spill and respond appropriately, according to the spill response plan
o If safe to do so, prevent further release of the hazardous material
o Immediately evacuate the area if the spill poses a threat to others.
o Obtain spill control materials if available
o Protect yourself with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
o Contain and control the spill
o Dispose of material correctly or wait for help if the material is in a stable condition
3. Attend to injured or contaminated person, if safe to do so
4. Have person with knowledge of incident and facility assist responding emergency personnel
1. Some emergencies require the evacuation of the buildings. The sounding of the fire alarm system or verbal orders in the building will signal evacuation.
a. See Appendix E – Emergency Response Procedures: Evacuation
2. Check to make sure no one is missing, and inform emergency responders if someone is unaccounted for.
3. Do not use elevators during an evacuation.
• Follow OSU-Cascades spill response procedures to clean up water and chemical waste
• Report spills to Environmental Health and Safety for assistance with regulatory reporting