Police: Call 9-1-1
OSU-Cascades Department of Public Safety: Call 541-322-3110
1. Move to a safe location.
Do not attempt to apprehend or interfere with the criminal except in case of self-protection.
2. Call the police at 9-1-1.
3. Remain calm, tell the dispatcher where you are calling from, what has happened, and give your name and the phone number to call you back.
If safe to do so, attempt to get a good description of the criminal. If the criminal is entering a vehicle, note the license number, make, model, color, and outstanding characteristics of the vehicle. Answer all questions asked. Remain on the telephone until dispatcher releases the call.
4. In the event of a civil disturbance, after you have contacted 9-1-1, contact OSU-Cascades Department of Public Safety or COCC Public Safety. Continue as much as possible with your normal routine. If the disturbance is outside, stay away from doors and windows.
5. Meet police when they arrive, if safe to do so.
Do not interfere with those persons creating the disturbance, or with authorities on scene.
• Cooperate with law enforcement
• Write down your own account of what happened, for future reference