Transportation Accidents


Medical Response:  Call 9-1-1
Fire Response:  Call 9-1-1
Law Enforcement:  Call 9-1-1

OSU-Cascades Campus Safety: Call 541-322-3110
COCC Campus Safety/Security Response: Call 541-383-7272
OSU Motorpool: Call 1-866-253-5671
OSU Risk Management: Call 541-737-77350

1.  Stop driving and assess the situation
2.  Call 9-1-1 if there are medical or fire concerns
3.  Call 9-1-1 to request law enforcement assistance
4.  Place emergency lights/flares on roadway to warn on-coming traffic
     o  If directed by responders, move the vehicle to the side of the road
5.  Request that law enforcement file a written report
6.  Follow OSU accident reporting procedures (found in OSU vehicle)
7.  Contact Risk Management at 541-737-7350 to report ALL accidents regardless of the amount of damage.


  • Report the accident, to the University Motor Pool by calling (866) 253-5671 and submit the State Self Insurance Claim form. Communicate the accident to the Facilities & Operations manager.
  • Within 72 hours, fill out the DMV Accident Report form if there were any of the following: 1) injury resulting from the accident, 2) damages exceeding $1,500, or 3) if the vehicle needed to be towed
  • Report the accident to your manager
  • If an employee is involved in the accident, complete the web based HR Advocate Incident reporting
  • If an employee is injured, complete a Form 801 (Report of Accident/Illness) and the web based HR Advocate Incident reporting