Getting started: You are 10 steps away from getting started at OSU-Cascades!

Please review and complete the following steps and contact the appropriate offices if you have any questions.

Step 1: Apply for admission to OSU-Cascades
Complete an online admission application to OSU-Cascades.

Step 2: Submit official transcripts
You must submit official transcripts from all the colleges you've attended in the past (excluding OSU). Official electronic transcripts can be emailed directly from the colleges to the Enrollment Services Office at Paper transcripts can be mailed to the following address:

Enrollment Services
1500 SW Chandler Ave
Bend, OR 97702

 Step 3: Apply for your VA benefits and/or Military Tuition Assistance

  • If you are a service member or a veteran, apply for VA Educational Benefit here
  • If you are a disabled veteran, click here to apply for Vocational Rehabilitation.
  • If you are a spouse, a dependent, a survivor of a veteran, a candidate for The National Call to Service program or a current education benefit recipient who wants to change school, click here to apply for your VA benefits.
  • If you received VA benefits at a different institution, please fill out the VA Change of Place of Training Form and obtain a new certificate of eligibility.

NOTE: Use Chrome for the VA website.

Step 4: Apply for Federal Student Aid
You may still be eligible for additional federal student aid while receiving your Veteran educational benefits. We encourage you to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at Oregon State University federal school code is 003210.

Step 5: Waiting Time (Undergrad only)
Once the Enrollment Services Office has your application and all required transcripts, the admissions review process will begin. This may take up to three weeks. You will be notified by a letter in the mail of the admission decision.  Please call the Enrollment Services Office at 541-706-2101 to obtain updates on your application and admission status.

Step 6: Complete the VA/Military benefits intake form
After you're admitted, please submit a copy of your certificate of eligibility and other military documents to OSU's Veterans Team by through the VA/Military benefits intake form. The Veterans Team can be reached at 541-737-0747 or

Step 7: Confirm Your Enrollment (Undergrad only)
To confirm your intent to enroll at OSU–Cascades, you must submit the Advance Tuition Deposit (ATD) form along with your $200 deposit.  However, Oregon State recognizes the members of the U.S. Armed Forces and veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces by exempting them from paying the ATD.

To receive ATD exemption, active duty military members need to submit a copy of their most recent military orders, Enlisted Records Brief (ERB), or Officer Records Brief (ORB). Veterans need to submit a copy of their DD-214.

Step 8: Complete the Online Transfer Student Orientation (Undergrad only)
After you're admitted to OSU-Cascades, you will receive information regarding the Cascades Transfer START Advising. Follow the instructions on Cascades START advising information sheet and complete the online orientation. You cannot proceed to the next step until you complete the online orientation.

Step 9: Sign up for the Transfer START Advising (Undergrad only)
Please call the Enrollment Services Office at 541-706-2101 to sign up for START advising after you're admitted and completed the Online Transfer Student Orientation. You will be registering for classes and obtaining your student ID card on your Transfer START advising day.

Step 10: Attend Veterans' Orientation
The new veterans' orientations are held about a few days before the start of each term. You are required to attend the orientation as important details relating to your benefits and OSU processes are covered in depth. OSU-Cascades Veterans Services will contact you via email and provide you with the date and time of the orientation. You can reach the Veterans Services at