Submit an experience in handshake
- Log into Handshake with your OSU credentials
- On the left side menu, click on Career Center
- Go to Experiences and Submit an Experience
- For the Experience Template, select the OSU-Cascades course you plan to take.
- Then select the Term in which you plan to do your internship.
- Fill out information pertaining to the Organization where you will do your internship with and internship Experience details.
- Enter the email address for the Internship Site Supervisor. NOTE: This will be an employee from your internship site/place of work that will supervise you during your internship (this is NOT someone from OSU-Cascades).
- For majors with an assigned Faculty Advisor, no further information is needed. If you are prompted, enter the email address of the Faculty Advisor that will supervise and grade your internship course.
- Respond to all the General questions pertaining to your internship.
- Lastly, click Submit an Experience at the bottom.
*Let your Internship Site Supervisor know to look for an email from Handshake to approve your Experience request. The request must be approved within 5 business days. Handshake emails often go to junk/spam inboxes, so remind your Supervisor to check there. Contact the Career Development Center with any issues regarding Handshake approvals.
Once your Internship Site Supervisor, Faculty Advisor, and Academic Advisor approve your Handshake Experience request, you will receive an email from your Academic Advisor instructing you to register for the course. It is your responsibility to register for the course and the corresponding number of credit hours. Refer to instructions for adding variable course credits.