Next Steps for Graduate Students - Your Guide to Enrolling at OSU-Cascades
1. Register your ONID account
- Register your ONID account. ONID provides students official OSU email accounts, web server space, access to CANVAS, and your student portal, MyOregonState.
2. Confirm your intent to enroll
- MAT Students - Return your signed and dated admission letter indicating your intent to
- MCOUN Students - Return your signed and dated informed consent statement indicating
your intent to enroll.
- MFA Students - Return your signed and dated admission letter indicating your intent to
3. Compete the graduate student online orientation
This orientation provides a comprehensive introduction about how to get started, and be successful as you begin your studies. It should take you about 30-45 minutes.
4. Apply for financial aid
- To be considered for financial aid from federal and state sources, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and list Oregon State University as one of your first six choices, with Federal School Code 003210.
- Accepting Financial Aid: If you submitted your FAFSA, you will receive a Financial Aid Award Offer. This letter outlines your financial aid package listing the financial assistance Oregon State can offer to help bridge the gap between your own resources and the cost of attending Oregon State. You can accept, reject, or revise your Financial Aid Award through MyOSU by completing the following steps:
- Select the Paying for College tab
- Select Financial Aid Awards
- Select the appropriate year
- Review your Terms & Conditions by selecting the Terms and Conditions tab
- Select Accept Award Offer tab
- Make your decisions about the aid that you want; Click Submit when done
Additional information including information about Grad Plus loan can be found here.
5. Apply for other scholarship opportunities
- Graduate level scholarships are not as prevalent as they are at the undergraduate level.
However, the following sites may be useful resources when looking for graduate
6. Graduate student housing
Enjoy on-campus living at OSU-Cascades. All room types are open to graduate students, but many choose to live in a single room with a private bathroom, or with other graduate students in apartment-style suites.
7. Immunization record
- All students must submit an immunization form to OSU-Cascades.
8. Visit campus
- If you have not visited OSU-Cascades or wish to become more familiar with the campus, please come visit us at any time.
9. Start classes
- View the OSU-Cascades Academic Calendar for the start of each term & important dates.