About the Housing Application

Understanding Your Housing Application and Contract

As you navigate through the process of applying for housing at Oregon State University-Cascades, we have compiled a list of tips to assist you through the process.

How to log into the housing application portal

Students can apply for housing via the myHousing portal. In order to log in, you must first set up your Oregon State University ONID e-mail and use your ONID username and password to access to the myHousing portal. 

Your application is the first step 

Completing the room and dining application is the first step. You will be prompted to sign the room and dining contract prior to either selecting a room or receiving a room assignment. Please read over the terms and conditions carefully before you sign this legal document. 

No financial commitment until you are assigned a room

We do not require a deposit or fee to apply for housing. We do this in an effort to make the process easy and accessible for all students. The first charge for housing will be a $50 non-refundable housing contract fee that will be assessed when you select or are assigned a room. This $50 charge will be assessed in conjunction with your incoming term housing charges and will appear on the first University bill that is issued for that term.

Dining plans are required

As part of the housing application process, you will be required to select one of our dining plan options. Don’t worry too much about making the best selection as we know that eating patterns and needs change as you navigate living on campus. We allow students to change their dining plans throughout the term (you can lower your plan during the first three weeks of a term and increase your plan at any time) based on how you utilize your dining dollars. Keep an eye on your spending patterns and be sure to adjust accordingly. We recommend starting with plan #3.

There is a live-on requirement for first-year students 

As part of a comprehensive First Year Experience program, the university requires first-year students to live-on campus their first year at OSU-Cascades. To learn more about this requirement, and how to apply for an exemption, please review our First Year Experience page.

You can return to your application to make updates 

Change your mind about your living preferences? Want to revise your answer to a roommate matching question? Don’t worry, we’ve set the application up to allow you to return to the application at any time until you are assigned a room to update any information on your application. Returning to your application to make updates will not change your application completion date or change your ability to complete room selection. You will be able to return to the application through the myHousing portal

Accommodations for disabilities

If you have a documented disability and would like to request an accommodation as part of the housing assignment process, please complete a Disability Accommodation Request. Housing staff will work in conjunction with Disability Access Services staff to provide a reasonable accommodation based on the individual needs of a student.

You should complete this application and contract yourself

We understand that parents are actively involved in the college selection process for many students, but this application and contract are for you, not your parents. This is about your experience on campus: where you want to live, who you want to live with, how you’re going to eat, etc. We encourage you to get input from family about this process, but remember this is your contract and your experience.

Contract Cancellations

If you change your mind about living on campus, you must submit a Housing Contract Cancellation through our myHousing portal. Please refer to the terms of cancellation in your room and dining contract for applicable cancellation fees.