International Student Information

First-Year Students

  • OSU-Cascades has implemented a First-Year Experience (FYE) program to connect students with key campus resources, build community and provide academic support and services designed to enhance student success, satisfaction and retention.
  • As part of the First Year Experience program, Oregon State University requires full-time, first-year students to live on campus. First-year students are students who are enrolling at Oregon State University within one year of their graduation from high school, who have not previously been regularly-enrolled students at another institution of higher education following high school graduation.

Transfer, Exchange & Graduate Students

  • Degree-seeking students who are beyond their first year in college and are transferring from another institution, on an exchange program, or doing graduate work, have the option to live on campus but are not required to do so. Learn more about on-campus housing for transfer & graduate students.
  • Students who are beyond their first year in college are not required to live on campus, but are encouraged to apply for on campus housing. Off-campus housing through non-university landlords and property management companies is available in the Bend area.

Applying for housing

Students can apply for housing at any time after they have been admitted to the university.

Students who apply after the room selection deadline will still be eligible to live on campus, but they will be placed in a room by the housing assignments office based on application date, availability and preferences.

Apply for Housing

Set up your email

Living on campus

  • Students are eligible to move into their on-campus accommodations one day prior to the start of International Student orientation.
  • International appliances may not work in residence halls. All residence space has standard North American outlets with 120 volts. An adaptor and/or converter may be needed for items (computer, hair dryer, etc.) purchased outside of the United States. To see a list of appliances that are allowed in the residence space, see What to Bring.
Food options & spiritual space

Cancellation policy

To cancel your housing contract after moving in, students will need to meet with housing staff to begin the cancellation process. If the cancellation takes place after moving in, students will be responsible for the fee of the remaining Contract Term excluding unused Dining Dollars.

Exchange Students leaving at the end of the Fall or Winter term can cancel their contract without paying the cancellation fee by going through the cancellation process.

If you are no longer going to attend the University, you will not be subject to the fee associated with breaking the Contract.

Things to know about your contract


Dining Plans are required for all students who live on campus. Description of dining plans can be found on the Dining Plan Options page.

OSU-Cascades has many dining options on campus, including vegan and vegetarian and gluten-free. For more information on specialty dining options, or to meet with our nutritionist to find dining options that meet your needs, visit Nutrition Information.

Off Campus Housing

Students who do not fall under the FYE requirements may choose to live off campus. Students are encouraged to use the following resource to help find off-campus housing in the Central Oregon community.

Student Conduct and Community Standards

Students are expected to follow the Community Standards policy. Language barrier or lack of knowledge of rules and regulations is not an acceptable excuse for breaking policy. Students will be held accountable for policy violations. A full version of the Policy Guide can be found here.

Question? We can answer that!

See the most asked questions and their answers on our Frequently Asked Questions page.

You can also reach our via email. We are happy to answer your questions.